Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Protests and my response

The following link includes pictures, one of which has a picture of vulgarity on a sign carried by a protester.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1803499/posts

In response, I feel a Jack-Nicholson-in-A-Few-Good-Men-level tirade coming upon me. To quote, and it sums up my thoughts nicely,

"We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

Aloha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home