Sunday, January 22, 2006

Update (Kind of)

Well, it has been forever since I have posted. Since I speak relatively regularly with almost everyone who reads this, I won't linger on any particular topic. If you want to know more, please post a comment asking.

Since my last post, I have become a father again. Daena Elizabeth was born 11/28. That makes 2 girls under 2. Along with my wife and 2 female dogs, I am completely outnumbered and surrounded. Daena is wonderful. Having 2 keeps us hopping.

Work is going well, and busy. We are in the middle of an e-mail migration from Lotus Domino to MS Exchange. It is going well, but biggest issue is training users in how to setup/use Outlook and work with our system. We had an ISSOT (Information Systems Strategic Operations Team) retreat at the beginning of January. It was a good time and we accomplished some worthwhile things.

I am back to exercising and dieting. I gained a little weight over the holidays, but I am now back to where I was around October. I am improving in my push ups and sit ups and was able to run 1.5 miles at a 10 minute mile pace. I have a lot of friends down in the weight room at CU, including Jen, Vicki, Cal and Brad. This is encouraging and hopefully I can be encouraging for them. Mike may join me again, but hasn't yet.

National Guard thoughts are still up in the air. Obviously, joining the military in a time of war is not something that my wife would choose. (Nor would many good wives choose this for their husband.) I also think of the impact upon my daughters. But, I feel that I ought to be out there, part of the United States Military, protecting not just my family, but my country.

My pastor is still in Iraq, but his Brigade has moved to a safer area. His tour should be up end of May ish. I look forward to having him back. I will be interested in talking with him more about this.

Well, that's it for now. Again, if you are wondering about something that I haven't covered, let me know.

Aloha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home