Thursday, August 10, 2006

Not for the feint of heart

Warning. The link below is to a very difficult post in another blog. If you are interested in some of the most difficult thoughts that soldiers have, follow the link.

Don't let the title throw you. Read the last paragraph if it throws you anyway. I must admit I was close to tears as I read it. As a father, it really hits home.

Update: As I reread the post, and the comments, especially by tripper (Aug 10 at 10:55 pm) the tears came. I am powerfully reminded why I am where I am, militarily.

Again, not for the feint of heart.

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2006/08/on_the_virtues_.html

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Oh -- my -- word. I am stunned. This is what happens when people think through the reasons for their actions (worldview) to their ultimate conclusions. Not a pretty site.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Let me clarify: it is a GOOD thing that people think through their actions to what they truly mean.

But to hear it all put so plainly is disturbing. However, I cannot cry right now. I have used up my allotment of tears on hurts closer to home this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home