Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This is beyond my belief

CNN posted a commentary by Campbell Brown. It was titled "Commentary: Sexist treatment of Palin must end". I refuse to drive any traffic to CNN so will not be posting the link. I recommend you don't read it, unless you have already taken an extra dose of your blood-pressure medicine. In fact, I don't recommend continuing reading my blog unless you are current on your meds.

My initial reaction was one of excitement. I was excited that a relatively big name, main-stream media person was finally calling for an end to the sexist treatment of Palin.

Then I read the article. Here are some quotes:

"I call upon the McCain campaign to stop treating Sarah Palin like she is a delicate flower who will wilt at any moment."

"By treating Sarah Palin differently from other candidates in this race, you are not showing her the respect she deserves.

Free Sarah Palin.

Free her from the chauvinistic chains you are binding her with."

I am beyond words. Whatever hope I had that journalistic professionalism existed in the main-stream media is gone.

I don't know what an appropriate response is. Right now all suggestions I have would be inappropriate.

I am truly shocked. I was expecting a call to the MSM to stop asking questions like "what will she do with the kids while she's working." Instead, I get a partisan attack.

Time for the people to take back the media. The elite idiots who have it now have lost the privilege.

Aloha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home